An overview of basic business math skills provides the foundation of arithmetic, mathematics and measurements used in common business and industry practices. Further into the basic business math program, trainees build on these skills and delve into algebra, geometry, and trigonometry, learning to apply these topics to their day-to-day work.
MPopular with anyone new to a workplace environment, this valuable program helps trainees to:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Measure lengths and distances.
- Calculate areas, volumes, and weights.
- Measure temperature in Fahrenheit and Centigrade, convert from one system to the other, and select the appropriate type of thermometer to be used at given temperatures.
- Perform the basic arithmetic operations with signed numbers and signed terms, and transform and solve an equation.
You can work with your Training Consultant to devise an individualized program or follow the complete basic business math skills course list below.Special Note:
The individual placement tests covering the topics included in all three Blocks below can be used to evaluate student's knowledge in each course and their need for the Basic Business Math program.